Here are just a few of the environment-friendly measures the DeAnza Inn has adopted to earn this award:
- We use only eco-labeled cleaning products or environmentally preferable alternatives.
- All guest amenity packaging is recyclable or biodegradable and cruelty free.
- Lighting fixtures throughout the property have been replaced/modified with high-efficiency technology.
- We track our energy and water consumption through Energy Star.
- We recycle (plastic, glass, paper, cardboard, toner cartridges, etc.) and provide a recycling container in each guest room.
- We provide guests with the option of re-using towels and linens if staying multiple nights.
The Green Key Eco-Rating Program is the first of its kind to rank, certify and inspect hotels and resorts in North America based on their commitment to sustainable “green” operations.