The much-anticipated Monterey Car Week is less than a week away! From Aug 9 through Aug 18, expect a wide variety of car shows, races, auctions, auto memorabilia and so much more. Events are spread throughout the Monterey area and most are free to attend. Keep reading for more details on the various Monterey Car Week events.
MONTEREY CAR WEEK KICK-OFF
This year’s Monterey Car Week kicks off on Friday, Aug 9 in Downtown Monterey with a classic car show. From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., visitors and locals have the chance to see 30 classic race cars lining the 300 block of Alvarado Street. Get an up-close look at the cars and also take the time to meet the drivers. In addition to the cars, expect great music, giveaways and plenty of food at surrounding local restaurants.
ROLEX MONTEREY MOTORSPORTS REUNION
While there are many events happening throughout Monterey Car Week (you’ll see details below), the main attraction is undoubtedly the races that take place at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. From Thursday through Sunday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., some of the most fascinating sports and classic cars will race head to head on one of the world’s finest racetracks. Tickets to the races can be purchased here.
On Monday, Aug 12, head 1781 Del Monte Blvd. in Seaside for the Porsche Monterey Classic. From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., peruse the classic Porsches on display while enjoying music, whiskey, wine and hors d’oeuvres. This event is free to attend; however, school supply donations are encouraged.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Concours on the Avenue: From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., explore 18 blocks of downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea filled with 175+ collector vehicles
- Carmel Mission Classic: Sip wine, enjoy food and peruse classic cars on the grounds of the Carmel Mission Basilica. Admission is $60 at the door with proceeds going to charity
- The Little Car Show: Tiny classic cars line the streets of downtown Pacific Grove from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Prancing Ponies Car Show: An all-women car show in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- McCall’s Motorworks Revival: An exclusive first-class evening filled with rare cars, motorcycles and aircraft; tickets for Motorworks Revival are still available
- Automobilia Monterey: The largest automobilia show in America with 40+ international dealers
- Auctions: Take a look at the many auto auctions occurring throughout Monterey Car Week
On Thursday, Aug 15, head to Pebble Beach for the Pebble Beach Tour d’ELEGANCE presented by Rolex. The tour of classic cars will depart at 7 a.m. and eventually end at Ocean Avenue in Carmel-by-the-Sea. Explore the cars on display at Ocean Avenue from 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Legends of the Autobahn: From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., explore the grounds of The Club at Pasadera, filled with an array of German cars. Think: BMW, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and Audi
- Pacific Grove Concours Auto Rally: Head to Lighthouse Avenue in Pacific Grove from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. to see over 200 classic cars cruise the streets.
- Aston Martin Cruise In & Car Show: Assorted collection of cars on display at the Sunset Center from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Concorso Italiano: Peruse 800+ Italian cars on display at Black Horse Golf Course from 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Also expect plenty of Italian art, food and music
- Exotics on Broadway: Visit Broadway Street in Seaside to see rare and exotic cars from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
WHERE TO STAY DURING MONTEREY CAR WEEK
Situated between Seaside and Pacific Grove, DeAnza Inn is an ideal place to stay during Monterey Car Week. For spacious rooms at an affordable price, choose DeAnza Inn. The best part? It’s located near several of the popular events happening during Monterey Car Week.
Car enthusiasts: Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy one of Monterey’s most popular events! Explore the wide variety of car shows, auctions and parades happening during Monterey Car Week and don’t forget to book your stay at the nearby DeAnza Inn.
Monterey Car Week
Where: Various locations
When: Aug 9-18
WHERE TO STAY
An ideal couples retreat, with spacious bedrooms and a convenient location near all Monterey Peninsula’s major attractions. 2141 North Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 993940. 800.858.8775